Monday, September 28, 2009

yes, sometimes i'm weird

it seems that every time a girl gets engaged their engagement ring instantly becomes their profile picture on facebook. i don't know why i find that so disturbing, but i do. i always promised myself i wouldn't do that and that i wouldn't post pictures of it anywhere public. why am i so weird? i love my engagement ring. and to me it's a deep symbol of commitment and love. it was the first ring that i ever picked up and loved from the beginning. i liked it better than the rest. that's not to say it's better than anyone else's. actually i think that's what bugs me so much about engagement rings these days. so much of it seems to be about getting something better than someone else did (i'm not the only one who thinks this, eric and kathy on the mix talked about this not too long ago). my ring is the best for me, just like the person who gave it to me. gabriele originally put it in one of his facebook albums just because he was so happy about it. i ruined his fun by telling him to delete it. i dunno, i find my ring to be very personal. so if you haven't seen it, it's likely because i've kept it to myself.

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you!!! Even though i would like to see a picture of it, but hey i completely agree with you! Engagement rings are this huge symbol of love devotion and committment and shouldn't be flaunted just because someone else thinks theirs is better! I think just like hairstyles or clothing rings should show the personality or uniqueness of the person wearing it and the person who gave it to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rach, you will totally see my ring. 'cause let's face it, you and i are super close! you're one of the few i would run up to and show right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well.. i wouldn't say that you ruined the fun. actually.. i think that that ring, for how simple it could be it's more. as you said and i totally agree it's a simbol of love, it's personal. and it has to be kept that way, for as you look at it, it has to remind you of the promise that it comes with, for other people it's just a ring, a nice ring. but for you (and for me)it's more than just a golden band with a stone. that ring is instimable. as you are for me. inestimable, priceless.. and OMG i'm so cheesy. :)

    ReplyDelete