Wednesday, January 5, 2011

it's really easy if you think about it

i have been posting pictures of my apartment as i move further along in decorating it to my liking. i am seriously flattered with everyone's comments. mostly because i like my place, but when i see home magazines i think it lacks so much in actual style. i'm not an interior decorator and i don't have all the money in the world to decorate. i just have fun being creative. most of the time gabriele is willing to buy things for the house but i back out because things can be really expensive here in italy. well, at least to my bargain standards. and there are a lot of things i want to do, colors i want to be just right, and frames and quotes that i want to use. i think i'm gonna start working on those things myself. the best thing about backing out of buying things is that you get your mind working on new ideas. and let's face it, my apartment already looks like an ikea showroom, i can at least add my own style to the walls!
i love the idea of style and function combined. why not place things you use as decoration? i had a glass candy jar from my wedding and rather than fill it with potpourri or something i decided to fill it with candles for my candlestick holders. i got stylish guestware, so why not place it on a wall shelf? i like doing puzzles, so i use them as a mat for my coffee table. see this is my idea of fun. and i'm sure gabriele appreciates it since we had to spend a great deal of money furnishing the apartment because it came to us bare bones. :)
i'll end on this: why on earth does a 20x20 cm square frame cost 8 euros (approx. 11 USD)? i have fabulous pictures i want to place above my bed frame and they need square frames. see, it's things like this that make me back out of things...at least for a while. though i don't know if i can give in to paying 50 bucks for 5 frames. yes. i'm cheap for some things.
p.s. i will own a bertoia diamond chair. someday. hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment